Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Settling in

We have been in our new apartment for a few weeks now. While is does not quite feel like home yet, it is comfortable. We have three bedrooms and two bathrooms in Washington Square. There are many fantastic restaurants and bars only minutes from our door. I have also learned that one can run from my bedroom to the subway in less than 2 minutes. I can hear the trains approaching and they do not leave me behind. We have a dinning room complete with dinning table and wet bar. The best part about the new place is that when I return at the end of a day, it looks just how I left it. I can also relax in my living room without the chance of a foreigner with little English skills, or a troupe of foreigners for that matter walking in. I don't think Frank the cat is adjusting as well. He has developed a new habit of pulling things off bookshelves. He also likes to sit in the foyer and meow for no apparent reason. His angst may be partially due to the recent training. I purchased some new furniture to class up the place and don't want him scratching it all up. He gets sprayed if I even see him thinking about it. Those that know Frank also can tell you he is very clever. The new game is he will scratch or jump someplace off limits but as soon as you reach for the spray bottle he runs off. Just when you let your guard down he returns to the scene of the crime and repeats the offense. It’s like drive by scratching and biting. I hope he calms down when I feel comfortable and release him into the streets of Brookline again. I would not be surprised to find him continuing the mischief in the streets with the skunks and wild turkeys the roam the neighborhood.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

So Frank goes outside as well? I hope he doesn't return to the old pad! I've heard Cats do that. I'm glad His scratching and biting sounds painful so keep that spray bottle in hand! XOXO love you!!

Mrs. Breitling said...

I'm glad you found a place and are getting settled. I am really excited every time I see a new post from you, your writing skills are amazing!

Suzy said...

I agree with Andrea - love your writing MIkie! XOXO

Unknown said...

I can't believe you let him out! You'll regret that the first time he drags one of those turkeys home, unless of course it's around Thanksgiving . . .

Michelle and Sean said...

So is this place slanty? Just wondering. Oh I just wanted to let you know that Maggie will have her sleep study on Sunday. And then Sean and I are going to get the results from that one and the one before and send them to you to look at. If thats okay. Talk to you soon!!