Thursday, January 15, 2009

one liners

I have been revived from the stagnant and unmotivated blogless capsule in which I spent the last 6 weeks. It was not for lack of muse or adventures. You see I tragically inured my fingers back in November and as such my ability to type. I was just leaving church one Sunday afternoon, having completed my usual 2nd Mass for the day, when I noticed an old lady in a wheel chair with a sack of puppies and orphans on her lap charging ferociously out of control down a hill. As I sprinted to catch the innocent passengers I also noticed a shoplifter burst from a Mom+Pop store carrying their entire inventory. I keenly plucked the thief up over my head and tossed him in front of the careening Grandma. His soft body stopped the chariot of death and provided a comfortable landing. Later that day I broke all ten fingers stuffing Shaq in a game of one on one. I implore you to accept this unembellished account as just excuse for my absence. In an effort to catch up in the briefest manner possible I offer these one liners.
I traveled home to Utah for Thanksgiving where I broke two promises I had made myself. First I shopped at Wal-Mart, twice. Second I participated in the madness of Black Friday, where I was offered a management position at the aforementioned big box evil.
Returning to Boston I finally shaved my beard after 34 days of unhedged growth earning $35 for charity for the beard, and $10 each for my arms. The arm mane has yet to return to its fury splendor.
Through either generosity or smite I was gifted NBA tickets to the Celtics vs. Jazz game where George, Aaron and I were nearly lynched.
Fulfilling diplomatic duties I attend 4 (four) work holiday parties where thanks to open bars I both survive and salsa dance with my boss, which is documented and likely on U-tube.
Back to Utah for Christmas and decent snow I spend much missed time on the slopes catching up with an old friend and teaching my nephew to board. Annual chaos is greatly appreciated with all my family under one roof.
The last few moments of 2008 I spend in a black tie with a smorgasbord of new friends as my main mates choose to spend theirs in the cliché that is NY.
Last weekend I made a mad dash to Buffalo NY to say goodbye to Frank who will be working on a top secret mission in Arizona for the next year. Psst... it's the Moon...
Today I wore slippers at work all day; it is a sleep lab after all.

5 comments:

Biesinger said...

I'm glad to hear your fingers are feeling better. They didn't seem too beatup while we boarded together but then again you were wearing gloves. Were the slippers fuzzy bunny style by any chance?

Kev said...

Well...well...well... It's about time. I do not accept your finger damage as an excuse. I have seen you press many buttons with your nose and put unmentionable things in your mouth... I am sure you could have managed typing a story with the use of your enormous sniffer and tongue.

Michelle and Sean said...

Hey beardless man. I'm happy to see you throwing your stories around again, even if they are a little out there. You are a very busy guy. What are you going to do if your hairless arms don't grow back? Yikes! I think I could help you with an arm hair transplant. Let me know if you need my help.

simply ilott said...

Some of the various things placed and living in his mouth could have popped out to lend a hand/ paw/ tail/ mudflap/ tentacle - i am not convinced a valid effort has been made.

Kev said...

Your slacking again. I know that your fingers are well healed by now. Come on man. Get with it.