Monday, May 4, 2009

Off to the races




Saturday my roomie and best mate George declared a "Guys Day". Rules are simple, no ladies and some activity to solidify our masculinity and promote silliness. Saturday was also the Kentucky derby and opening of the local horse track, Suffolk Downs. So it was off to the races! The track is like walking into a cartoon of stereo typical characters who's life story can easily be surmised from their animated faces. We commandeered some box seats and settled in for a day of placing small bets on inflated hopes. I picked my horses based on the character expressed in their walk. I don't recommend this method, net winnings 0. It was a great day regardless.

5 comments:

Suzy said...

How fun!! I remember going to fake horse races with you back in Cali! good times,, good times... Love ya!

Suzy said...

Oh yea and you didn't win back then either lol!

Kev said...

At least you had fun. Even if you don't know how to pick horses

Jess said...

Best Picture Ever. You Win.

Suzy said...

Just missing you and thought I'd stop by here and tell you about it.. Love you! XOXO