Friday, April 24, 2009

SLC Marathon



Last weekend I traveled home to Utah to run the Salt Lake City 1/2 marathon with my little sister Amy. It was her idea to run the race together which was very surprising since she has never ran before. After months of training the day finally arrived and at 7am off we went. I promised to keep pace with her for encouragement and entertainment. Harnessing my natural instinct to race at a a lung exploding pace we crossed the finish line together in 2:17. Not bad for her first half marathon. The best part was the last quarter mile when we sprinted together and passed several hundred people to the cheers of thousands of spectators!

5 comments:

Biesinger said...

Nice legs!! Maybe you should shave those puppies next time to really show em off with those short shorts.

Suzy said...

It was awesome being there to cheer you on and even better being able to HUG you at the finish line! I'm proud of you all and it was great seeing you Mikie!! Love you so much!!

Jess said...

Cute. :)

Suzy said...

Hi Mikie!!

Kev said...

I wish I could have been there man! Good Job!