Tuesday, May 27, 2008

JFK

Hello all! It is 6:30 am and I am sitting in JFK airport waiting for my flight home to Boston. I escaped to Utah for the weekend. If you have ever flown on a redeye flight I am sure you can appreciate my pain. I was lucky this time not to sit next to that guy that wants to talk the entire flight. I think of them as single serving friends. Sometimes chatting with a new interesting person is ok, but sometimes you just want to be left the hell alone to endure the flight. As far as seat companions go, a chatty chad is fairly mild compared to the screaming toddler, or grouchy pompous fatty. I may empathize with a parent at wits end while their shrieking toddler makes them instant enemies with anyone within earshot, which is everyone. But I really get disturb by a self entitled asshole that finds it necessary to complain and gripe through the entire flight. It is as if they want to infect those around them with the internal pain and discomfort they feel. This situation can become entertaining if they are matched with an equally unhappy flight attendant. In this situation it is highly possible the fur will fly, and you will have front row seats. Something about being locked in a metal tube makes people loopy.
Utah was great! I surprised my family by arriving in the middle of the night and making a bed on my folks sofa. They were quite surprised in the morning. I stayed very busy all weekend, mostly with family. I did dedicate saturday night to some drunken reunions with friends. It was a much needed and well enjoyed trip. Now I must get back to Boston and hopefully catch a few hours of rest before heading back to work.

4 comments:

Amtrekker said...

Wait...did you just call me a single serving friend? Douche.

Kev said...

Hey man. It was awesome seeing you. I look forward to August. On my trip back. I sat next to this tiny lady that seem to have OCD. She would blow her nose into a tissue, Open it and stare at the mucus for a second, then she would fold it and stack it in the corner of her tray, she would always use a new tissue. I think she was saving them for a scrapbook.

Suzy said...

LOL,, yep I'd be one of those with the toddlers :).. We had so much fun seeing you. I miss you sooo much! XOXO

Suzy said...

I keep checking back and there are no new updates.. Hopw your doing well. I've not stopped missing you XOXO