Friday, February 29, 2008

Anti-depressants

Recently I have had a few weeks where I was feeling low. I could not place my finger on it, but for some reason I was sad. Some possibilities I came up with are:
1-winter, long, cold, grey
2-I can't juggle
3-I have been working 60+ hour weeks
4-I lost a sock doing laundry
5-I miss being close to my family
6-I realized I most likely will not grow up to be a dinosaur
7-roomates keep our apartment in constant disarray
8-I can't fit my fist in my mouth
9-most of my recreational activities involve drinking
10-I came in second at a "Mike look alike contest"

So I decided quick action was required. I started with a healthier lifestyle. Eating better, cutting drinking down to one night a week. I also started running 5 times a week and joined the local gym. And I have actually been going regularly. Slowly, and steadily my outlook became much brighter, and my smile returned. I noticed that when I am in a good mood, other people seem to be in a good mood too. Maybe happy people gravitate to each other, and the same for gloomy folks. Turns out exercise and a healthy body are my anti-depressants. I am going to re-enter that "look alike" contest now and see if I can beat the girl that won the first round!

6 comments:

Goosetavis said...

Just a comments:
1. You should try leaving juggling up to the clowns 2. Winter is always a drag 3. Working out is my anti-depressent too! (up until I runined my knee) 4. Buy sock clips

Let me know how the results of the new contest go?!

Sir Georgio Loudbeard said...

I can always teach you to juggle you know. Apparantly sam thinks I'm a clown...THANKS SAM!

Kev said...

Hey you'll always be the number one Mike in my book!!

Amtrekker said...

While you're at that contest could you grab that girl's number for me...she sounds hot!

Jess said...

Happy People=Happy People.

:)

Suzy said...

I'm glad your feeling better Mike. I miss you lot's to!! HUGS!!