Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Amtrekker

I have met many interesting people in my wanderings. Once such guy is named Brett. He currently goes by the name Amtrekker. We met in Boston when he needed a place to stay and found me through http://couchsurfing.com This site allows people to travel the world and crash on couches with locals. Conversely, you can allow people to crash on your couch. More about this later.

Brett had a great job with Disney designing sets for rides. His feet were itchy however, so he created his own adventure. He made a list of 50 things he would like to do in the USA. Then he quit his job, bought a train pass and left home. He has vowed that he will not return home until he finishes his list. Initially he stayed with me for a week in Boston. He has left and returned many times however. Now we are great friends. I have even been able to participate with some on the things on his list. I really like what he is doing and hope to do something similar one day. Check out his website, I appear more than a few times.

Cheers!

http://amtrekker.com

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Good to know the background and how you two met. I did see the "beer fest" video. But I will go check out his site as well.

Kev said...

Hey. I met that guy. I think I took him to a cranberry bog and threw cranberries at him...

Amtrekker said...

Sounds like an awesome dude.

What? Just sayin'.