Monday, January 28, 2008

Dirty Laundry

Another weekend for the archives! This Saturday I went to watch the intelligent yet weak Harvard wrestling team. I was really excited because as most of you know, I wrestled in High School and a bit in college. So I have a passion for it. Harvard does not have a good wrestling team sadly. The had two matches, and two losses. I still had fun, and after the match I even went out on the mat and beat up on some people. Yup, I still got it!

Sunday of course is dinner at Franks as always. It was a good sauce, mushroom and sausage. But before dinner I had to do laundry. Which is the basis of this entry. Most of us can agree that doing laundry lies somewhere between a trip to the dentist and a smack to the face as far as fun goes. But it gets better. For me to do laundry I have to pack everything up in a very large suitcase, drag the suitcase down three flights of stairs. Then I have to pull the suitcase several blocks (in the snow yesterday) to the laundromat. But wait, I forgot to get quarters. So now I have to try and hide my suitcase and run to the store. Now, with a pocket full of quarters, run back to the MAT to start the real fun. Sort all the laundry as fast as possible in an attempt to keep weirdos from checking out my undies. There is actually a benefit at this point. I can do four loads at the same time. This of course cost $4/machine. But things are moving fast. There is a sign posted which basically says "don't leave things unattended or they will be stolen and we really don't care". So I ignore that and run out for a cup of coffee. I am 50% sure I will return to find all my clothing gone. Or better yet See people wearing it on my walk back. I get lucky this time, everything is accounted for. Its dry time! I don't know why the dryers are so much larger than the washers. But I figure its so you can fit more. So I put my four loads in two dryers drop another $2/machine. I am also very smug thinking I have beat the system by putting two loads in each dryer, suckers. Guess what... Two loads, no matter the size of the dryer, takes twice as long to dry. So with this time I pretend to read a magazine and not eves-drop on the guy next to me conversation about his newest STD. I also hope I am not using any machines he used...(nothing itchy yet, I will keep you posted). Here is the best part of the entire adventure, folding. There are two types of folders. There are the people that hold their underwear high above their head and maybe even hang some about. And there are the people that quickly seek out all their underwear and stash them out of sight. Guess which I am? I actually like to see if I can get people to help me fold my underwear like its a sheet or something. Because of this I am no longer allowed in the MAT close to my place. Or within 100 feet of the entrance. But my clothes are clean, and I don't have to repeat the process until every last pair of underwear is dirty again... and still maybe not for a few days.

8 comments:

Jess said...

Haha! I'm a stasher! No one sees my undies!

Kev said...

Sometimes, when I'm at the laundry mat I get confused and fold other peoples clothes. The last time I went I forgot to bring my clothes altogether. I had folded 3 loads of other peoples laundry before I realized that I didn't even bring mine.

Kev said...

Hey I saw this guy on My space, He is very similar to you. http://www.myspace.com/bostonmikeygunn

Mikey said...

Oh Kevin... little Kevin. You better get some life insurance cuz the next time I see you, you are a dead man!

Kev said...

Hey don't get mad at me because your myspace page sucks. It all about you and I can only do so much to improve.

Robin Hood said...

I'm pretty sure that you cannot blame your latest STD on the washing machine, that would fall right in line with " Baby I swear I got Herpes from the public restroom, you know I love you...'. Just admit it, its from all the Aaron lovin

Suzy said...

LOL,, I would def help you fold your roo's!!

Biesinger said...

Your statment of "Yeah, I still got it" implies that your once had "it" when it comes to wrestling. You are mistaken in that my friend!