Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Middlesex Fells

Hey everyone! So that little germ I told you about last week... He finally left. He put up quite a fight and actally I think he was a smoker. either that or he was smoking meat cuz my throat is sure itchy! I have a lingering cough to remind me of the little terror.

Another great weekend to report. I want to focus on my wondering in the wilderness though. Sunday my good friend Frank (the person not the cat) woke me from a very short sleep period to drag me into the woods. Don't worry, nothing unsavory happens at this point. We were going hiking. He had found a place 30min outside of Boston called Middlesex Fells. We drove out there and went wondering around in some very pretty territory. The place is mostly pine trees and granite rocks and it surround a very large lake. Frank told me that the lake is the fresh water supply for Boston. I am not sure i believe him but I threw some rocks in just for prinicple. I was really cold. I was carrying a bottle of water and it froze solid. So when my itchy throat needed some water I was left licking an ice block.Even with the bitter cold, walking around and frolicking in the woods was exactly what I needed. I left with a clear mind and a smile on my face! Here is a list of animals I saw on the hike.
Bald Eagle, several rodents, various birds, flamingos, canadian lynx, and a puma.
Now some of you may be thinking that I am "exagerating" or "stoned" but i assure you that I saw all the animals listed above in the Middlesex Fells. I have Frank (the person) as my wittness. Come back tomorrow and I will tell you how.

Cheers!

1 comment:

Kev said...

A Flamingo Huh? I saw one of those on my way to work this morning. Your nothing special.