Thursday, January 24, 2008

Boston is Slanty!

When I first arrived in Boston I stayed in a sublease for three months. The place was furnished and in a nice area. I had never seen it in person so was a little surprised when I arrived. My room was very slanty. I am talking like a 15 degree slant towards the door. The dresser was so slanty things would roll off. It was impossible to sit at the desk becasue the chair had wheels and you constantly would roll to the door. In fact it was so slanty I had to sleep backwards in bed to avaoid a head rush. But since it was only for three months I figured I could tough it out. My next apartment will be level, I thought.

Guess what? Its not. Nope not even close. The stairs up to my room are so slanty I have witnessed people climb up them gripping the handrail like its a Everest expidition. This of course becomes more entertaining if the climber has finished a few drinks first. It is nearly impossible to make our foosball table level. One side clearly has the advantage. So what have I learned? BOSTON IS SLANTY! Maybe the ground settles differently here. Maybe flat is not important. Maybe one of my legs is shorter than the other. Whatever it is, I live in a slanty-shanty. And I have become comfortable with it.

3 comments:

Kev said...

It is way slanty man! When I visited I was sure that I was going to eat a nice chunk of Boston stair tread!

Sir Georgio Loudbeard said...

Excuse me jackass, but that is MY observation about Boston, and MY way of describing it to people. Stop stealing my bit! Stop riding my intellectual coattails! Trying to pass that description of Boston off as your own. Mike, Mike, Mike. I thought you were better than that...

Mikey said...

George is crazy. He had no slanty room. He slept normally in bed. And he has a fat face. Sometimes he gets confused because he wishes he WAS me.